From nikosapi.org wiki
What's it able to do?
- Detect if the filetype is playable on the device
- mplayer is needed for this
- full support for the DVD and Podcast plugins to come later
- Keep the device in sync with the Miro downloads directory
- Also, you can do a one way sync (just copy new files or just delete old files)
- Did I mention the cool copy file progress bar? ;)
Usage: archos-sync.py [-h] [-f] [-q] [-t|-c|-d|-s] [-m VIDEOS_DIR] DEVICE_MOUNT_POINT
Options: -h Help Print this message. -t Test Run Show what files would be copied and deleted. -c Copy Only Only copy new files to the device, don't delete. -d Delete Only Only delete files off the device. -s Sync Do a full sync to the device. -f Force Copy Videos to the device even if they have been deleted. -q Quiet Be less verbose [Not Yet Implemented]. -D DVD Copy files that work with the DVD plugin. -P Podcast Copy files that work with the Podcast Plugin. -m VIDEOS_DIR The directory where videos are kept.
What's planned for future releases
- Convert file to something supported by your device (using mencoder)
- This would be especially useful for youtube videos
- PyGTK gui